Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What Really Happened

This is a subject so close to home I must speak on it....

Being an Armenian this subject is always a hard one; when your own nation wont recognize what really happened due to politics and money. Many people don't know the facts and I think that's the problem. My Great Grandma was a survivor of the Armenian Genocide only about 9yrs old when it happened. I think it's really time for the US Government to step forward and recognize the massacre of 1.5 million Armenians that were marched to their deaths in 1915. With so many facts that it happened how can Turkey and the Unite States still live in denial?

Today Kim Kardashian finally spoke out on the subject and I am very proud to see the word has really began to spread. Enough is enough!

Here's what Kim Blogged today...

“LET’S RECOGNIZE WHAT REALLY HAPPENED

As many of you know, this is an issue near and dear to my heart…

I firmly believe the U.S. should officially recognize the horrific and historical atrocity of the Armenian Genocide, also known as the “Great Calamity?”

For those of you who don’t know about it: More than a million Armenian people were marched to their death during World War I and beyond. I know, the number is so staggering, I cannot even fathom it.

Right now MSNBC has posted a poll on the matter and I cannot believe how many people have voted “no.” I’m left to wonder if people are really aware of the gravity of the situation.

I voted “yes” and would appreciate it if you felt it in your heard to vote “yes” too.”


Here’s a song Armenian band, System of a Down, wrote about the Genocide.